The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Lots of Change

I haven't worked since DH and I got married, kids came pretty quickly and I could never earn enough to pay a baby sitter and make it worth my while plus I always wanted to be home anyway. However our church is unable to pay us more so either DH would have to get a second job as a chaplain etc. or I would...so I will be going back to the hotel where I worked 6 years ago,I called my old boss to see if I could list him as reference on my resume and he said he would hire me back. I will be working 2-12 hour shifts (his days off). which are DH's days off too hence why I won't need a baby sitter. If a funeral or something comes up Mom can watch them , but she really can't do it more then once in a awhile.

Presbyboy is in need of fillings, we don't have the denomination dental and even if we did they wouldn't pay for general anesthesia which all dentists seem to require in children younger then 5 years old, I never had a cavity till 21, but my brother had TONS and I think Presbyboy must have gotten that end of the gene pool. How much is general anesthesia for a 3 1/2 year old...1,000 yup! plus they have to give him a test to make sure he will tolerate it well, plus fillings. I hate to do all that for teeth that will fall out in a few years but if severe enough the cavities can go to the permanent teeth. I may not work forever but for this season I am.

5 comments:

Marlene said...

I had a similiar situation when my daughter was 4. I also picked up a part time job that didn't take me away from her that often but still...I really resented the church for a long time. I felt they forced me into the work force before I was ready.
Turns out, even though I still wish it had been after she was in school full time, I actually enjoyed getting back into the work world on a limited basis and have adult conversations! I've even kept the part time jobs much to my surprise.

Smither said...

You need to update your blog more often Mrs RevDr

Elizabeth said...

Lela,

please check out the CHIP dental coverage. http://www.chipcoverspakids.com/find-chip-coverage/

Even if you must wait 6 months to get your kids covered, it would be worth it. Chip is not welfare -- it is coverage for all kids in the Commonwealth and has a sliding scale for free, low cost, and full cost coverage (like private insurance). You do not have to go to clinics -- it is just like private insurance. Here is the income chart:
http://www.chipcoverspakids.com/assets/media/pdf/2009_income_guidelines.pdf

I hope that this helps!

Elizabeth

Mrs. Reverend Doctor said...

Thanks Elizabeth, I looked and since we have health insurance it says you cannot purchase the dental only. O well!

Anonymous said...

It's cool you put a music playlist into your blog. It caught me off-guard at first but it gives me an idea for my own blog.