The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bad, Bad Blogger

Ok, I realize its been more then a month since I posted, I can tell by all the comments wondering where I was that I was sorely missed. Life is busy as usual our Siamese cat was in the process of dying, hes had congestive heart failure for 4 years and he' only 5 1/2 I thought for sure he would be going under soon, well I tweaked some of his medicine and he has rallied!!! I guess you can't kill a good cat that easily. However he really doesn't want to be engaged in play as much as the Presbykids would like him to be and I am wondering is we should get another cat. (in addition to Calvin) I hate the smell of dog, yes, even a clean dog and in this area it gets too cold to keep
them in the garage. I like the *idea* of a dog as a companion to a little boy, but I have come to the conclusion I just don't like the amount of poop removal involved either, I am responsible for enough little kid poop at the moment.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Dont do it. Fight every and any urge to get a dog! ha ha! =)

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Ok, so it's NOT...JUST...ME who cannot stand to think about another critter who poops!! My boys want a dog or a hamster or something. I told them, they can have their pets in WEBKINZ but other than that, forget it! We have a cat; she's litter trained. She's pretty much the most awesome cat ever... because she doesn't REQUIRE me to do anything.

SIGH.... I feel so much better now. it's not just me being "Mrs. Angry Mom" over the stupid dog thing... If it poops, it may NOT take up residence in this house... THere. I said it. :-)

Katie

Anonymous said...

hey i missed you! i checked several times to see if you had posted!! really!

Rita Loca said...

I prefer cats. My husband prefers dogs. So we end up with both. But I have no more little ones to deal with.
My daughter will be at BJU next year to study nursing.
I forgot to mention that my husband and I have both continued our studies, mostly by extension, since coming to the mission field.