The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Clerical Robes..





I wasn't raised in a church where clergy wore robes, for some reason seeing my husband in a clerical robe (complete with coordinating sole) always unnerves me a bit, I kind of feel like I'm on a date with a priest. I also happen to have a completely black maternity dress with velvet trim that could also double as a robe, whenever we are both shaking hands after service and I'm wearing it I always feel a little like the clerical bobbsey twins.




Now, I was pricing new robes recently and a polyester robe was around $300 a wool one $500 what the heck! Thank Goodness for the parishioner who have Rev.Dr. a collection of soles for a gift otherwise I would never spend that amount.








Now in my pursuits to acquire inexpensive clerical clothing I did manage to find a sewing pattern, its discontinues of course and is $65 used!


It would probably be cheaper to buy the pattern and materials and hire a good dressmaker to fit a robe to you.


2 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Nice to meet you.
We must have a few things in common being Pastor's Wives.
Wendy

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Clerical clothing made at home?? Oh my stars! What a task that would be!!!