The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That "Darning" Egg




In bringing out my Easter things I realize that my Grandma's darning egg had gotten placed among the decorations, now If your too young to know what a darning egg is its a wood or (marble in my case) egg that women would drop down a sock or stocking that needed repair to hold the shape while they mended it. I wonder when this went out of fashion, when stocking stopped being made of silk? Now days I just throw away socks the get holy or stockings that get runs.


1 comment:

Deanna said...

Dear One,
Howdy from blogworld.
Just saw you at Anna's site. Not sure how long you've followed her blog, but think you're in for a treat.
Her spin on things is wonderful.
Think I will enjoy following your blog. Enjoy your sense of humor.
God richly bless you as a wife and mother.
Deanna from the Kansas Flinthills