The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Traditions



I recently read a book written by a former Methodist ministers daughter, even though she grew up in a parsonage a long time ago her words still ring true today. I especially liked the part about how her mother made each parsonage feel like "home" her father would often get moved every two years, but they had the same holiday traditions and in each house the same picture was hung above the same piano no matter where they went. They ate the same meals on each certain day of the week etc. it gave her that sense of security that I feel is especially important to each child (pastor's kid or not).

I was recently reviewing a list I had made at New Years on things I wanted to work on , one was having a family dinner around the table each night the ReverendDr. was able to be home with us. I am lucky if it gets done once or twice a week!

No comments: