The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Wedding and Many more Funerals...

It hasn't felt like summer around here, I had to dig the kids jackets back out of the attic as it got down to 37 one evening this week. We also had a bad storm which knocked our neighbor's tree into our main power line and pulled the whole thing including the meter off our house..onto my van! 1,700 later and we have power but our deductible is 1k O well! We are still waiting for the insurance adjuster to come look at the van...I have been driving for 12 years and I have never had a ticket or an accident, no claim at all on my insurance and was rewarded last year with a $0 deductible , so every cloud has a silver lining. But on days like that I wished we still lived in a parsonage.

We are coming up on the season of graduation parties, we only have a few at church,mostly college people last year we had 8 high school seniors graduating! Wedding showers, and a few baby showers. We also seem to be getting funerals, usually winter is more a funeral time but they don't seem to be letting up. As some of you know my Mom broke her arm and will be starting therapy this week, 4 times a week for 4-5 months. The problem of course is that I must take her, and where I go the two kids must follow. She has applied to get a transport service but I have a feeling it is going to take some time before we know if she is approved.


I still have morning sickness, I think I am 16 weeks...is it horrible I'm not even sure??? without asking the midwife or figuring it out again. The closer we get to being able to know the gender the less I am wanting to "get a surprise"...I am so bad about keeping a secret.

No comments: