The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day


Tomorrow is Mother's Day I already know what I'm getting as I went with ReverendDr. to pick it out, beautiful dark purple geranium basket. I've never seen them that color and am very excited. I sent a card to my M-I-L which is my "step" as my real one died when my husband was a child. She never got to see her only child grow up let alone enjoy her grandchildren...when I think about that I am always a little sad. If her grave wasn't in NYC I would put flowers on it. I wonder if there is a service that put flowers on grave of loved ones in far off cities?

I bought my own Mom a color,cut and style , the grand kids bought her flowers and balloons though they did ask to play with the balloons about 3 minutes after they gave them to her ...I thanked the Lord that I still have my Mom though she does drive me C-R-A-Z-Y! I bought cards for a number of ladies, a few older ladies in our church that never had kids and are especially kind to ours. A special aunt and my high school teacher who though she never married or had children invested a lot of time in me, I want these people to know they are not forgotten and one of my very best friends who has been trying to become a mother for years and had another failed adoption this year. Like Christmas not every one celebrates Mother's Day with joy.

1 comment:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Lela!