The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yard Sale Season



Here in the frozen North Yard Sale season runs from May-September. What I love about yard sales is your never sure what you'll fine, yes, you do have to go through a lot of junk but that's part of the fun. I do the majority of my child shopping at them. I have found that the best sales are in the middle class areas, the upper class ones people don't bother or they mark things way to high and the lower class ares well, obviously they don't have quality stuff.

I also go with a list, yup a printed out list and a lot of dollar bills and quarters. I also bring a large reusable bag, I personally like block sales where you can walk from one sale to the next.I have been working on my list of items I am looking for, some I probably won't ever find at a sale but again , you just never know!

Cast iron griddle
Cast iron, 6 Q. dutch oven
Any Revere Wear in good shape w- matching lid
vintage aprons and cookbooks
crystal cake stands
Wooden bunk beds or day bed w/ trundle
Round dining room set that has a leaf with 6 chairs (preferable captain's chairs and Ethan Allen brand (I have been looking for this for a while) no more then $200
Wicker Porch set
5T boys coat with attached hood
4T+ Jeans that are brand name and in good condition
2T girl's winter clothing
Crib $20 (no, I'm not pregnant but we plan on having more and our crib won't last through another baby)
Electric Clothes Dryer (ours keeps dieing and being resurrected)
push lawnmower
clothes patterns and assorted notions.

No comments: