The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rummage Week

This is rummage week here at our church,I don't help much with the sale as I have two little ones but I do try to contribute quiet a bit to the bake sale portion. I really like to come up with things that are a little out of the norm but that can have a high price tag. Our Bake Sale earnings go to the Second Harvest Food Bank (our church runs a food bank also).
Last sale I made from scratch danish, they all sold however their shelf life is only a few days. Banana bread, cookies, brownies are things most other people seem to make. I make a very good homemade cream puff but their shelf life is even shorter and they really should be refrigerated....So I put my thinking cap on and I am making homemade pepperoni rolls which is your traditional yeast roll with sliced peperoni and cheese inside. I am packaging them in trays of 6. I though of making pies, but honestly I HATE making pie crust, well mostly I hate cleaning up my counter from making the crust. I thought of making some layer cakes but not sure how I'd package them??? So I am still trying to come up with another idea? Cinnamon rolls, more danish??? Any ideas ladies?

No comments: