The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Working with What You Have



When we moved into this house the down stairs bath had "Easter Bunny" wallpaper, there was no other name for it pastels of large cartoonish bunnies...and it was old and pealing, it also had tile that was cream and black...Anyway the first thing I did was strip that paper off. Then I went in search of other wallpaper that matched the tile, why not paint you say? well half the wall was plywood paneling...ya it gets worse then the bunnies, and the walls under the paper were 80+ years old, I was pregnant with Presbybaby at the time and plastering, sanding was not in my reptua of projects....I wallpapered everything but the part above the toilet because I then figured out that in order to to that one had to stand on the toilet with nothing to hold onto, Fast froward say 2 years to today...I was now ready and couldn't find the rest of the wallpaper roll,I primed and painted the paneling I went in search of it at Lowe's they no longer sold ANY wallpaper and I had no idea ever who manufactured it. Resigned to my fate of stripping the whole room and buying another wallpaper....then magic happened last night! I was browsing and I found my same paper!!!!Are the colors my first choice, no way but it goes so nicely with the tile I can't afford to replace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm all for working with whatcha got! Sometimes watching things like extreme makeover home edition I get the let's demo and start fresh bug but it isn't really practical. There is something gratifying about finding a way to cheaply beautiful your home!

Although we don't have any right now, I'm not against wall paper like so many seem to be these days. There are some really nice patterns now (other than pastel bunnies!) and in older homes like we have in the North Eastm wall paper covers of multitude of wall flaws.

We're planning to move soon and may wallpaper in that home.

Glad you found your pattern! What a blessing!