The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Theres One in Every Group...

This is Maria, the naughty, loud hen. Maria has discovered how to jump onto my windowsills, which is pretty impressive since they are a good 10 feet off the ground. Maria pecks the other hens, squawks when she's sitting on a nest then squawks and parades around the yard after she lays an egg...and pretty much squawks all day long. When the mail man comes in the gate she follows him to the front door and back just to make sure he's not up to any funny business. I noticed the other night that all the other chickens roost together, except for Maria. I used to tell people that we're interested in chickens that hens we're only as loud as a Guinea Pig...well most are, but not Maria . Maria does have cute qualities she runs quick as her little legs can carry her the second I open any door, shes there first wanting her treat, if I don't have a treat she will follow me around the yard reprimanding me till I usually give her some sun flower seeds out of the bird feeder. I thought about selling her, but she lays an egg every day and she's my biggest fan.

1 comment:

Amanda Kay said...

You can't beat that dedication :)