The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Three Funerals Kinda Week...

So it looks like we are going to have a repeat of the other month with three funerals in one week. As far as me that means three funeral dinners to prepare in one week. I am pretty sure I am not going to make the stuffed Chicken breast and mashed potatoes that I have been, the kitchen has no a/c and huge pots of boiling potatoes make things very uncomfortable. I think I am going with the following menu, unless any of the families really prefer the stuffed chicken.

Cheese Ball and crackers
(Persons that don't wish to go to the cemetery can snack on these)
BBQ Chicken (breasts and thighs) prepared in roasters
Pasta Salad
Potato Salad (both homemade)
Chips
Jello and deserts (prepared by others)
Iced tea, lemonade and coffee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is church food so bad for you? All that starch and mayonaise? And chips? I struggle with my weight and with eating food that is good for me and then I go to a church event and there is nothing I can eat.

Mrs. Reverend Doctor said...

I personally think funeral food should be "confort" food, unfortunatly most of it isn't low cal.

John Edward Harris said...

I resonate with the previous comments. Most pastors and their spouses are probably overweight even if they only sampled a tablespoon of every covered dish on the table.. Regardless, welcome to Presbyterian Bloggers.

Meredith said...

Goodness gracious, I'm always surprised when people criticize free hospitality! I agree with you.

Although I do try to put out one non-starchy alternative now that I've learned about diabetes, you have to do the best you can with the budget you have!

So glad to find your blog. My husband is no longer in the ministry, but we have similar challenges with his job and I look forward to learning from you!