The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Have a Plan

I had a midwife appointment yesterday, those of you who know me know I had a home birth last time and am using the same midwife. She actually comes to my house for the appointments since she lives close to me and her office is a good 20 miles away as long as she can come when it's convenient to her. It's so nice Lillian was asleep I didn't have to get anyone all packed in the van etc. She just does the urine check, blood pressure, measures the uterus height and listens to the heartbeat with a travel doppler. The heartbeat was a little high in the 160's some people say that means it's a girl, which would be fine with me. Everything looked good.

I am going to be trying something new, I seem to feel the best between 7-10 pm. I am just going to do the same meals every day of the week. I love to bargain and coupon shop but am reserving that for drug store products and see how this goes. In the evening when I do feel good I will try to do as much food prep as possible. For breakfast the kids will be having cheerios and a banana or banana and raisin toast etc. ReverendDr can make this if I'm not up to it and they both love those type things. Lunch will be canned soup and sandwiches mac n cheese and fresh fruit since it's only me and the kids. I am going to try to have some PB&J already made up in the fridge in case I feel REALLY bad.

Beginning of the week made a big green salad and a pasta salad and maybe 1 desert.

Monday- Spaghetti, salad and Italian bread, I am going to make up the sauce and freeze it so all I have to do it throw it in the crock pot on low, and boil noodles.
Tuesday- Hot Dogs, baked beans, pickles and chips(very simple)
Wednesday- Grilled Chicken Breasts (or BBQ) baked potatoes and salad.
Thursday- Shrimp scampi (from frozen shrimp) linguini noodles and salad (oddly seafood smells don't bother me)
Friday- minute steaks, sweet potato and salad
Saturday- we usually go out
Sunday- Salmon, wild rice and salad

All very easy and basic things

No comments: