The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Tough Decisions

This pregnancy has been rough, I had hoped the morning sickness would be wearing off by now...but it's not. I have been contemplating if any more children are a good idea. In the sense that if I get morning sickness this bad again I don't know how well I can care for the others. the ReverendDr and I kind of had the philosophy with babies that we would just be open to when God sent them and take it as it came unless any big problems arose. I have had good births with both but morning sickness with all 3. Oddly they have been spaced 2 1/2 years apart, even though we didn't do that "on purpose".
I am able to keep the kids bathed, fed and clean, but my house is a disaster and I have hardly cooked at all for 3 1/2 months, many of you know my Mom has also been down and needing help since she feel and broke her arm, so my "life line" in Grandma is also gone. Which has been costly in the sense of lots of eating out or frozen convenience foods. I will have a good day (like yesterday) I made two beautiful meals and felt pretty good, then today I did good to get everyone fed and dressed. and Pretty much laid/sat here threw up etc. The ReverendDr is a huge help when he is home, giving baths etc. but the church is always busy and that is his JOB. My heart also is heavy because I am not able to do all the church work I would like. I try to remind myself that this is just a phase of life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah Lela, you sound like you need a break. Me too. I wish we were close by and had a babysitter... I think a pedicue and lunch out would do us both some good!! ♥

If it makes you feel a bit better, I am in the same shoes too. My house is not lookinf its best (plus we are packing and moving... Seth is never at home as a result of the remodeling of the new house.) We sat down on Sunday and looked at all the money I have been spending as a result of not cooking as usual. I have been cut off! ;) My crock pot is going to be a permenant fixture on my counter top for a while. Its the easiest option i can think of, other than pasta but my pregnant self and my hard working man need some MEAT! =)

My other saving grace has been finding Dora the Explorer episodes on the internet, plopping the girls infront of it and napping while they are fixated. We no longer have TV or DVD player (the girls broke it) so they are so engrossed when they have the chance to watch "TV".

Hope your mom (and you) start feeling better. Ever tried extra B vit.s? My ob gave me an prescription for them called folbecal (another brand is premesis). It helps me with neausea.

Mrs. Reverend Doctor said...

I'll have to try that Kayte, we don't have TV but the ROKU player which costs 8.95 a month and has hundreads of kids shows with no adds or showing of toys you need to buy .Thank goodness!

Katie said...

I'm right there with you too. I'm at the end of my pregnancy, and the past month or two have been brutal, physically and emotionally. Time has never passed so slowly. And we've all been sick lately too which just makes things all the more difficult...makes me wonder how much a person can take before they snap in some way!