The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Raw Milk???


I finally found a source of "USDA approved" raw dairy in this area. We drink between about 5 gallons of milk a week in this house, though lately i hasn't sounded good to me so we are down to 1 every 2 days. Raw milk is unpasteurized that's why it's so important that you get it from a good dairy, in my case I order it and go to the actual dairy, it's in glass bottles. (I return the bottles the next time I come)raw milk will have cream floating on top which you can skim off to use in your coffee or save and make a little of your own butter.
Does the idea of Raw milk sound odd to you please check out this short article.
http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/raw_milk_health_benefits.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My father in law grew up on his families dairy farm. They drank raw milk all the time. I've never had it myself... I actually am not a milk drinker at all except in cereal.