The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Plan #2


Chiquita and family

So my order of chicken didn't come in, well it did but is somehow came in as only thighs and legs!!! No thanks, So I noticed that another store had turkey breasts on sale for .99 lb so the menu is now Turkey/stuffing/mashed potatoes/gravy/green beans/rolls and assorted salads and deserts. More work but o well !!!

I also got my potatoes in the ground today, they are late even for this area. I had my precious seed potatoes in a bag in the garage, well some critter must have also found them and made a snack! So I spaded up a trench and threw them in. They are red skin potatoes and I had a doozy of a time finding them. Now days a lot of commercial growers spray the potato with something that makes it not sprout "eyes" well you have to have "eyes" for the potato plant to grow. I really need to rent a rototiller and get in the rest of the stuff.
In two weeks my college roommate and her hubby/kids are coming for 4 days , they are home on furlough from serving as missionaries in the Marshall Islands and I haven't seen her in a few years so that will be fun! Needless to say they aren't PC(USA) missionaries. My Alma Mater is Fundamental Baptist so they serve with that type board.

1 comment:

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Does Chiquita have a missionary website? We LOVE the Marshall Islands. Friends of ours are adoption advocates from the Marshalese people. I'd love to more about your friend's work there.

Katie