The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Favorite Cleaning Products

I wish I could say I was one of those people who cleaned with only vinegar and baking soda, but I'm not I can't even say that I love earth friendly cleaning products, I've tried a lot and this is what WORKS!

First of all get yourself a pair of rubber gloves, they make them in cute styles now or you can get a pair of inexpensive yellow ones like your Granny had, your hands are one of the first things to show age and the more protection between you and chemicals the better.



This is is best stuff for cleaning porcelain bath tubs or really stained toilets. Easy-Off Bam makes may products the one I like is the "Grime and Lime" cleaner. Its the only thing that cleaned out ancient tub when we moved here, you MUST wear gloves this is strong stuff.





The best toilet bowl cleaner for weekly use, it sticks to the bowl and the smell isn't overpowering.
I love this to soak baby clothes and food stains, it's an enzyme cleaner. I usually use 1/2 a scoop and 1/2 a scoop of detergent and let baby clothes soak overnight.




Greased Lightening is strong stuff , I'm not sure what ingredient makes it cut grease so well, maybe turpentine?, but I use this to clean my stove hood, simply remove your filter spray it down, let sit a few minutes , scrub with brush and rinse, it will take anyone that's stuck on a stove top off but again its really strong stuff. If you have a husband who a mechanic or into tinkering with oily things you can also use this as a clothing stain treater, I have also used this on my clothes but don't leave it on to long as it might discolor some dark fabrics.











This is the best dishwasher detergent hands down, this isn't those handy little cubes its just the plain powder, I usually run my dishwasher on the shortest cycle and on air dry and this does the best job its 100oz. of powder for about 3.88 at Wal Mart, I usually pour the powder into an old formula container and add I T. scoop per wash.

What are your favorite cleaners?

















2 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm a big fan of "The Works". The stuff is amazing! And I love Zep for our wood laminate floors.

Anonymous said...

i know they aren't safe to use but i love the works toilet cleaner and electrosol too :)