The life of a wife,mother and Pastor's wife in the PC(USA) church.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Need a Painting Genie

Have you ever been tempted to throw away all your possessions and start afresh? When we moved here O about 1 1/2 years ago I had plans of going through the house with a fine tooth comb and discarding a lot of stuff since I knew this house was going to be about 800 sq. feet less...then morning sickness kicked in and I didn't feel like doing anything for the next 4 months, we threw things in boxes and moved. I also had grand plans of painting the interior of the house before our actual possessions came since NONE of the colors matched my color scheme at the previous houses...of course someone who can't stand the smell of hamburger or throws up at the scent of toast doesn't do to well painting either. What I have done is rip off 1/2 of the bedroom wallpaper, rip down and replace all but one difficult spot of the main bath wallpaper and strip the wallpaper off the living room walls, there was about 20 layers so that's actually much more of an accomplishment then it seems. I put one coat of primer on the living room but it needs more primer and actual paint. I still have way too many possessions then space. My goal till July is to THOW AWAY STUFF! Not store it in the garage for am imaginary yard sale or list it on Craig's list either into the trash or the Church Rummage Sale!

No comments: